Saturday 1 August 2009

Stealth matters.

A couple of years ago when I was in the begining of my relationship with my amazing girlfriend, my stealth skills were needed for the first time.

The situation: I came home really late and knew that my parents were going to be really, really mad.

How I avoided some serious agro: At this time they were in bed but I knew that they were light sleepers so I had to be silent.
I first put the key in the door very slowly, I could hear as the key came into contact with the pins of the lock. I peered into the window and saw my dog at the other side of the door looking straight at me, he was going to be a problem because I know how excited he gets.
Once my key was in I turned the lock again very slowly and opened the door. With speed I went straight to the dog and held him, causing him to attempt to lick me which was much better than barking. I slowly removed my keys with one hand while keeping contact with the dog in the other.
The next obstacle was laminate floors in the upper and lower floors and hardwood floor stairs. Even with trainers they would still make a noise on the laminate floors. Only one thing to do, Undo my trainers and take them off. I knew that the sound of my dog moving around the house would not cause suspicion so I allowed him up first so if they did awake then they would not check to see who it was.
Sliding up the stairs and along the hall, barely a sound was made. Home free.

When they asked what time I got in, I told them 11:15 instead of 1 am.
Surprising as it seems, I got away with it and subsequently got away with it a further 20 times at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment